Dr Linda Verbeek
As a qualified Chartered Counselling Psychologist (BPS, HCPC) and Integrative Psychotherapist (UKCP), I offer brief solution-focused Counselling as well as longer in-depth Psychotherapy. I am committed to providing a safe, confidential space in which we can explore and make sense of any problems or challenges you may be dealing with. I use an Integrative approach in my work, incorporating elements of CBT, Coaching, Psychodynamic, Humanistic and Existential philosophies to work with you to resolve emotional conflicts, insecurities and repetitive patterns. My aim is to assist you to enjoy more balanced, healthy and fulfilling relationships with yourself and others, and to find greater meaning and purpose in your life, with an increased sense of calm and wellbeing.
SPECIALIST IN EATING DISORDERS, BODY DYSMORPHIA AND BODY IMAGE
I am an Eating Disorder and Body Image specialist trained through the National Centre for Eating Disorders (NCFED), and work with individuals struggling with weight problems, obesity, eating disorders, body dysmorphia, and body image concerns. I use a creative and collaborative therapeutic approach to address these problems to bring healing and change.
FURTHER ISSUES I CAN ASSIST WITH:
Depression; low self-confidence; anxiety; stress management; bereavement and loss; work-related problems; personality disorders; self-harm and suicidal thoughts; relationship difficulties; trauma and Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD); emotional, physical, and sexual abuse; HIV/AIDS; and LGBT issues.
- Doctorate in Counselling Psychology and Psychotherapy (Metanoia Institute).
- Clinical Diploma in Integrative Psychotherapy (Metanoia Institute).
- Master Practitioner Training in Eating Disorders and Obesity (NCFED).
- Certificate in Clinical Assessments (Metanoia Institute).
- BA Honours Degree in Psychology (R.A.University, South Africa).
- HIV/AIDS Counsellor Training (Bryanston Counselling House, South Africa).
- Bereavement Counsellor Training (Bryanston Counselling House, South Africa).
Please visit www.lindaverbeekcounselling.com for further details.