I support clients seeking solutions to a wide range of issues, challenges & distress. This can be achieved, in weekly sessions, through Counselling (shorter term), Psychotherapy (longer term), EMDR Therapy (can be integrated to either of these therapeutic approaches) or to Life Coaching, if considered appropriate.
I have 20 years of post-qualification experience in Counselling & Psychotherapy, and full accreditation and registration as a member of the BACP (British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy of which Code of Ethics I uphold).
My core qualifications are Integrative: (PG Diploma in Integrative Counselling); this favours a stance that attunes finely to the client’s unique needs; responds creatively and adaptively to the individual goals of therapy, and give access to an extended spectrum of clinical modalities.
I will be able to give you support and help for including:
• Relationships and relational issues, problems in the couple;
• Family system fractures and dysfunctions;
• Bereavement and other losses;
• Psychosexual issues, gender and identity issues;
• Substance abuse and other behavioural dependencies;
• Eating disorders and body issues;
• Depressive and anxious symptomology, including panic attacks, phobias and OCD (Obsessive Compulsive Disorder);
• Various types of traumatic disorders: including PTSD, C-PTSD (Complex Post Traumatic Stress Disorder) and dissociative symptoms;
• Childhood sexual abuse, domestic abuse;
• Work-related issues and emotional distress in the professional life.