Physiotherapy Self Help
Anything serious can cause musculoskeletal symptoms, so it’s important that you know when to seek treatment. If you have any of the following symptoms, you should see your doctor.
- Despite following the self-management advice below, the pain you’re feeling is getting worse rather than better.
- A medication trial did not dramatically improve symptoms, as predicted.
- You’re sick and have symptoms including a fever, night sweats, and weight loss.
- You are unable to sleep at night due to rising discomfort and/or trouble lying flat, which is probably worse than during the day.
- You notice a difference in your walking ability, such as balance issues or leg weakness/heaviness.
- For no apparent cause, you grow a hot and swollen joint.
- Stiffness in the morning that lasts longer than 30 minutes
- Newly developed intense headache.
Exercises to help strengthen and stabilise the structures that help ease neck pain.